Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora

Luis Felipe Marzagao/Yahoo lfelipebm at yahoo.com.br
Fri Oct 10 16:48:48 UTC 2008

Yes, it´s pretty clear... Of course we can do whatever we want.... If I
want to open the "Space Monkeys Fedora" project I could.. But that´s not
the point here.

We are talking about wheter or not the Fedora board is willing to
sponsor this idea.

Since we saw the creation of CentOS, I assume it´s clearly not in the
Fedora objectives such thing, otherwise we would´ve seen something like
"FedoraOS". :)

Anyway, my point is such idea should be at Fedora goals. Everything that
drivers people away from Fedora should be considered, re-thought and,
maybe, re-implemented. Of course I cannot do it alone. I barely know hot
to build rpms and don´t have the infrastructure to do so. But that
doesn´t prevent me from incentivanting such idea and alerting Fedora
heads that maybe some goals do not contribute to the growth of the distro.

If this idea will be embraced or not, that´s another problem...
Unfortunatelly, I see it´s not... (what IMHO is sad). I think it´s
natural from an ambassador the desire to see the distro gain more and
more users... Sorry if I´m a little trenchant. I only do it because I
like the Fedora Project a lot! :)

-- duli