Hello Fedora World

wonderer wonderer4711 at gmx.de
Wed Apr 7 21:35:50 UTC 2010

Hello Matthew,

Welcome onboard.... Mel already told me / us that there are some
students interested in this stuff. I'm happy to read at your blog that
you are already have some experience, because the work on technological
press-releases and press-kits are (or should be) almost the same.
You can first have a look at
http://www.braincache.de/wp/2010/04/05/fedora-presskit/ where I gave a
first short intro of how a press-kit in general look like and also how
the content of our upcoming fedora 13 press-kit could look like.
At the fedoraproject wikipage at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Press_kit you find an general overview of
the structure we have and what goals we have.
If you have written press-releases before, you probably also know the
rules or better guidelines mentioned at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Writing_press_Releases_HowTo to write
those, but maybe you find some interesting parts here as well.

If you want step in deeper I think some research on the fedoraproject
itself and track pictures from/about the fedoraproject in general would
be very nice. That should bring (hopefully) a broad range of different
country's and cultures to cover. Therefore you can also read the Mail
from Paul
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2010-April/012295.html about
licensing as some kind of background info.
What we need for a first start are pictures from Fedora Releasepartys or
Linuxevents with some kind of lucky people and collect the Links on a
wikipage (a possible place to start can be
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/picture_archive).

And if you have any question then you can ask anytime.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer at fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6  3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0