Fedora and Video Sharing

Nelson Marques 07721 at ipam.pt
Sun Apr 11 21:26:29 UTC 2010

 Wonderer,

 You are right. I haven't gone for licences neither I spent much time
looking for alternatives. What I am trying to say is... if there is some
software that can work out for your needs and the problem is only
related to infra-structure: hardware and connectivity, I am sure that
can be arranged (in Europe). It's one phone call away.

 Are any artists here willing to start such a community, inside Fedora
or even as a general open source platform?

 I have payed some attention to mizmo's post on my blog and I'm looking
into it... but feel free to share on what are the real needs of the
artists, from version control and such and point software
alternatives... If it goes costy for Fedora in terms of hardware and
bandwidth, I'm sure that can be arranged for the project or for a
private initiative.

 This is a bit out of scope of this thread. Anyway, my concerns were to
not to attack opensource projects or whatever, they were in the scope of
trying to reach a higher audience which would possibly benefict us as a
project. I understand the licensing issues and the concerns about H.264.
Fine, I rest my case regarding that. If there is something I can do to
help overcome that hardware/connectivity/resources, I'm sure that can be
arranged :)

 Even if no one wants to take this, feel free to provide valid input,
because I might use it around PLUG in a nearby future.

nelson

--
Nelson Marques
PGP Fingerprint: 53E1 731B 85A4 A098 8382 8CFF 1AC7 AF01 7717 8063