Fedora and Video Sharing

wonderer wonderer4711 at gmx.de
Sun Apr 11 20:08:47 UTC 2010

hy there,

Am 11.04.2010 17:39, schrieb Nelson Marques:

>> This is what I was thinking but I think we need to get archive.org up
>> and running first so it can be be our main repo
>>
> Though I'm not very fond of php in favour of cgi/perl/c, do you think
> this would be helpfull ?
>
> http://www.phpmotion.com/
>
>  nelson.

I think it is a good idea to look how others do it. But as mentioned
before we had allready the discussion of hosting ourself (high costs,
reliability, administrative tasts, etc.) if there are plenty of
ressources we could use. Also your example has another flaw: it is not
open as can be seen at http://phpmotion.com/content/view/44/190/. It
would be against the philosophy of the Fedoraproject to use propriety or
constricted Software / plattforms. The flaw in php-security I will not
begin. But to look after some Opensource piece of cgi/perl/c code for
better handling, etc. seem to be nice. I think Jörg pointed out some
gallery http://jsimon.fedorapeople.org/events/2009/ and e.g. can that be
used plus maybe our upcoming Zikula / FedoraInsight for some of those
tasks to combine existing media and point them to our own content.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer at fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6  3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0