Google Adwords - not sure if off-topic

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 23:05:19 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Nelson Marques <07721 at ipam.pt> wrote:

> ... snip lots of interesting stuff ...
>
> * About Marketing itself:
>
> "Marketing is the social process by which individuals and groups obtain
> what they need and want through creating and exchanging products and
> value with others" - Philip Kotler
>
>  The process of exchanging products and value has nothing to do with
> "monetary units". I'm not quite sure why everyone tries to place $stash
> there.
>
>  Applying that to Fedora, Marketing should realize on what Fedora users
> want and provide them a product (Fedora Linux) that meets their needs.
> This will conduct to a recognition of Value on Fedora Linux (product) by
> our users.

I'm really not sure that is how I would do the translation to Fedora
in this case. For most Fedora users the "product" is largely a gift
where nothing is exchanged. To see a real exchange we need to look at
Fedora contributors, not Fedora users. When we give the contributors
what they want they give back to the project.

John