Small question regardin Fedora

Nelson Marques 07721 at ipam.pt
Sat Apr 17 17:01:28 UTC 2010

Thanks all for the nice input of this. This is mainly because for the
last 12 years I used "a kernel" (female) and while I use "o chapéu (the
hat, male), I often use "a Fedora" (fedora, female). It sounds very
weird in male. But I was not sure how most people handle/share this
situations.

Neville: Portuguese and Spanish are probably more close than Portuguese
(pt_PT) and (pt_BR). I can see this because in pt_PT scientific
production is very rare in some areas like Marketing and everyone
usually goes for English or Spanish production and not Brazilian (which
is actually very rich, but misleading in most cases due to weird words).

Example:

Escopro (pt_PT): Mason tool to carve stone.
Escopro (pt_BR): "in the scope of"

That and thousands more kill our minds everyday.

Anyway, thanks all for the valuable input. I'm going to keep in
Portuguese as "a Fedora" (female), as it also fits well since community
is female. Good idea.

Thank all.