In the news: Zarafa

Mario Torre neugens at limasoftware.net
Tue Apr 20 19:51:09 UTC 2010

Il giorno mar, 20/04/2010 alle 15.29 -0400, David Nalley ha scritto:

> First, I don't think we can pull it at this point (Streisand effect and all).
> Second, this (Zarafa's inclusion in Fedora) is a wonderful success
> story that I think we should use the opportunity to highlight that a
> community member (or two) worked to get this feature in the
> distribution. Even if we have to tell that story as a correction -
> it's still a powerful one, IMO.

I agree on that.

But I would also like to point out that the article talks about Amazon
S3 as well, which is in my opinion more worrying.

I've not used duplicity yet, but I know it implements more than Amazon
S3 support, so what the author states sounds really incorrect to me.

Cheers,
Mario
--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/

Please, support open standards: