I had a cool Idea why don't we put on an artshow!

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 20:10:40 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Justin O'Brien <three at threethirty.us> wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> I had an idea Brainstorming in #f-mktg. We were trying to come up with
> ways to extend our reach. Getting Free Software/Linux people is awesome
> but who else might be interested in Fedora? so I thought why don't we
> put on a Fedora Project artshow?!?
>

> Here is what I was invisioning...
>
>  * we somehow procure a gallery
>  * Fedorians bring in some art they had done
>  * we invite people from the art world to see it
>  * try to get written up in art mags (do they exist, if so which ones)
>  * thought this would be an awesome way to show that art and
> freesoftware are great partners
>  * thought this would be a way that people could parade out that one
> desgin they had for $fedoraVersionInThePast that just didnt make it
>  * would be a way to see the creative side of people we didnt know had
> one (how many coders/marketing people/legal etc are also painters,
> sculpters, etc)
>
> If anyone likes this idea let me know and maybe we can make this
> happen :)

At Nicaragua, Free Software has team up with Free Culture as we have a
lot of commons interests. As Free Software community we have organized
Free Music concerts.

To me your idea makes sense. What I see as something to work out is a
geographical location to gather all fedora art. What about a virtual
gallery as a starting point?

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217