Fedora Marketing weekly meeting, Tuesday 20:00UTC #fedora-meeting-1

Nelson Marques 07721 at ipam.pt
Mon Feb 22 21:42:20 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 01:25 -0800, Mel Chua wrote:
> Details and agenda at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings.
>
> See you folks there!
>
> --Mel

 Mel,

 I can't attend to this specific meeting as I have a paper to defend for
my degree tomorrow.

 About the contents, I am not aware of the final release name, but I've
readed somewhere it was "Goddard" (scientist).

 If this is true, I would point for something related to him or his list
of accolades. I'm not sure if this a good choice given the discussion
about NASA moon/mars projects and the recent upcoming news from the
Indian/Japanese space agencies.

 Anyway, a quote from Robert Goddard which I consider very nice:
 "It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday
is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow".

 Maybe a mix of that quote highlighting the road that Fedora did and has
ahead. If we can fix such quote to demonstrate the Fedora Project
commitment on Fedora 13, would be a win. If you can point this on the
meeting tomorrow would be great.

 Around 21:00 UTC I'm most likely available and I'll drop by.

 Thanks in advance,
 Nelson