linux.pt and Fedora

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 12:07:47 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 10:01:24PM +0100, Nelson Marques wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I've finally got hold of the person which is still working on linux.pt
> and had a small chat with him.
>
>  Currently Linux.PT provides some minimalist information which isn't
> actually accurate. I don't believe we should offer another site, instead
> we could use a host like fedoraproject.linux.pt pointing to the /pt of
> our wiki.
>
>  This would most likely be nicer to get people enrolled directly with
> Fedora, and eventually like Paul said in the past, let the community
> grow inside the international Fedora Community.
>
>  Anyway, please feel free to make suggestions on how the best way to
> accomplish this according to Fedora guidelines.

I just saw the page listed at linux.pt for Fedora:
http://linux.pt/community/10/

Here are the problems to solve:

* The logo used is not the correct Fedora logo.  (Notice the incorrect
  bubble shape and the "f" curves are too long.)

* The site to which that page points no longer exists.

There is no need to create a subdomain at that site, as far as I can
tell.  Instead, I would recommend asking the site owners to simply
substitute a link to the wiki /pt as you said.  I would also recommend
using the following text, which comes from the official wiki:

'''
The Fedora Project is a global partnership of free software community
members. The Fedora Project is sponsored by Red Hat, which invests in
our infrastructure and resources to encourage collaboration and
incubate innovative new technologies. Some of these technologies may
later be integrated into Red Hat products. They are developed in
Fedora and produced under a free and open source license from
inception, so other free software communities and projects are free to
study, adopt, and modify them.

The Portuguese community in Fedora actively maintains pages on our
collaborative wiki.  The community includes Ambassadors, translators,
marketeers, and other contributors to the Project.  Visit the link
above to get connected with other Fedora community members and find
out how you can help advance free software.
'''