Fedora Buzz needs a new name

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 22:40:14 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Jef van Schendel
<jefvanschendel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I love the sound of "Hive"!
>
> Thinking of planets and all, if you want to measure "impact" and
> movement of certain things, something around earthquakes might be fun.
> Words like seismic, seismo(graph), epicenter, etc come to mind.
>
> And the weather on a planet can be seen as mood, so maybe something to
> do with climate, strato/atmosphere, barometers, etc.
>
> Just throwing ideas out there. :)

I like the sound of "hive"

I can associate this idea of social media with "echo" like hearing
what sounds bounce back. I also think about "waves" (Google is taking
all the words) as when you tap into the waters and you see the circles
grow larger and larger. "Ether" was a first approach to explain
electromagnetic waves carrying news.

And finally something dumb/funny ... "echosphere" as where the echos move.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217