Wiki page for country

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 15:21:19 UTC 2010

Hi Jonathan,

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 10:56:31PM +0300, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 11:58 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 01:40:25PM +0300, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> > > Ok, I've set up a mailing list and irc channel for Lebanon.  Now I'd
> > > like to set up a page in the wiki that directs people looking for
> > > "fedora" and "lebanon" to these places.  Is there a namespace that I
> > > should use?  Or should I just use my user page?
> >
> > You could do it here for now:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedoracommunity.org
> >
> > However, you might want to investigate with the Websites team whether
> > we want to (or can) set up a fedoracommunity.org main page in their
> > fedora-web repo, using the same organization and standards as the rest
> > of the Fedora websites.  It would be nice if someone typing
> > '{www.,}fedoracommunity.org' into their web browser saw a listing of
> > current subdomains.
>
> I've gone ahead and set up a stub page for Fedoracommunity.org and a
> link to the newly setup Lebanon page.  I've done very little with the
> wiki, so if I screwed anything up, please let me know (or feel free to
> fix it if that's your preference).

Would you be interested in talking to the websites team to get a list
of other *.fedoracommunity.org subdomains, and adding them to this
page too?

> I would love to have lebanon.fedoracommunity.org point to the Lebanon
> wiki page, so I'll see about talking to the website team at some point
> in the next few weeks.

Usually we use the standard country code for this, ergo
lb.fedoracommunity.org.  You can find more information on our local
community domain offerings here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Local_community_domains