Spins on Talking Points

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 23:55:16 UTC 2010

Hi Marketing team,

Chitlesh continues to feel very bereft of the ability to market the
FEL spin through our Talking Points page.  Originally the Talking
Points were conceived as a way of marketing features, innovations, and
changes in the Fedora Project to a general audience.  Although new
Spins arguably fit into that definition, changes to existing Spins
might not.

However, I'd rather *expand* that coverage than make contributors feel
we're trying to keep their work from reaching Ambassadors, which was
never our intent.  The expanded marketing potential of the spins.fp.o
site may not be enough to suit everyone.

In our next meeting, could we add an item to agree that we'll include
a single 2-3 sentence bullet point in our Spins section in the talking
points, for any Spin that wants to add one?  I would like to add these
to the information we're already planning to include in the talking
points about new Spins.