Goddard Release Slogan Announcement

Nelson Marques 07721 at ipam.pt
Wed Mar 3 22:08:40 UTC 2010

 Hi all,

 Here's a small text I've done about the Slogan Release for Goddard.
This is actually something I wasn't expecting and to be honest, there
are days when I seat all afternoon on front of computer and end up with
2 text lines on my screen.

 I'm not very sure on what this should be, anyway, free feel to improve
it (and I'm sure it needs a lot of improvement). I've tried to keep it
simple and objective, promoting the Foundations and give a small
background input on the process (choosing the slogan/methodology) and on
the slogan.

 As a self critic, I know I used "Goddard" too many times. Anyone
noticed that? :)

 Text bellow this, feel free to improve it and correct it from a
grammatical/semantics point of view (my first language isn't english,
and I'm not that good on it).

 In case I forgot any topic, point so. This is a draft to be worked and
time is counting.

Fedora 13 Slogan Announcement

The Fedora Project is a partnership of free software community members
from around the globe. The Fedora Project builds open source software
communities and produces a Linux distribution called “Fedora”.

With a promise of leading the advancement of free open source software
and content as a collaborative community, the Fedora Project translates
it's Foundations as: Freedom, Friends, Features, First
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundations).

Given the main theme adopted for the 13th Release of Fedora Linux,
Goddard and the large number of slogan contributions, we would like to
point the following:

      * The importance of the “slogan” as a marketing communication tool
        that should trigger feelings and emotions; show the product
        claims and philosophy;

      * The slogan should not be longer than 3 words;

      * The slogan should sound like an acting sentence;

      * The slogan should promote interaction between people and Fedora
        Linux;

      * The slogan should be linked to the main theme of the release.

Under this points the release slogan for Fedora 13 “Goddard” has been
chosen and approved.

By establishing a parallelism between the Foundations of Fedora and the
user experience we aim to deploy on the upcoming release, we are proud
to announce the Release Slogan: “ROCK IT!”

According to Robyn Bergeron, the submitter of “Rock it!”, the slogans
translates the Fedora user experience in Goddard as:

“ quotation, should translate why “ROCK IT!” from a user experience
point of view “, Robyn Bergoren (2010)

The Fedora 13 “Goddard” was named after the scientist Robert H. Goddard
(1882/1945), that made significant contributions to the space age in the
field of Rocket Engineering, including the first liquid propelled
rocket.

“It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday
is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.”, Robert Goddard

Fedora 13 Goddard – ROCK IT!