SWOT - Strengh's - The Master Plan

Nelson Marques 07721 at ipam.pt
Thu Mar 25 00:32:50 UTC 2010

Dear all,

Back on my SWOT, here's the master plan...
I've been working on: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/SWOT_STR

My goal with this is to present a light weight call for help to Fedora
Community. On that webpage I want to run a community driven contribution
(similar to what we done with the release slogan). People should go
there and fill in the table with the right information. I've established
the end of May (30th) to take the info and process it accordingly.

Now... the deal... I need to spread the word about this on emails to
lists so that people can participate and know what we are doing. Who can
help on this list towards that goal ? Advertise this so that people are
aware of it's importance and can help.

I can go on and fill in the table (I haven't on purpose), but I don't
have the know-how and don't know enough about Fedora to handle this, in
words I would ignore most likely important stuff. This shouldn't happen,
and eventually a SELinux developer for example would be able to point
out its importance on Fedora, as an artist could point out his work
importance.

Since we are collecting all the important points, it makes sense to me
to call for help on the Fedora Community. Another question to the
list... Who should we contact and appeal for participation? any
restrictions?

Finally and also very important, if someone wants to review my english,
feel free to do so...

The goal here is to point all the important things that make Fedora a
strong organization and product. All the points for Strength's (later
also for Weaknesses) have to be controllable by Fedora. This means that
we shouldn't point our things that are out of our grasp. Only reinforces
the appeal for the community to participate on this.

By the way, the plan is to cover the Fedora 12 life cycle. Later will
make a new review for Fedora 13 and so on for every release.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Nelson

--
Nelson Marques <07721 at ipam.pt>