PortugalFAD

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Thu May 6 17:50:51 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Nelson Marques <07721 at ipam.pt> wrote:
> [...]
> user friendly with providing info and helping in a more less formal way,
> without overloading other teams which are on full production process.
>
> * We have for sure to make sure that pt_PT is properly defined for the
> Portuguese audience. We don't want to neutralize other contributions,
> but if pt_PT will follow the standardized rules used by Portugal. This
> will be a benefict for everyone, because it's a large open door for
> example Angola, which is one of the most growing economies in the World,
> and will enable projects like OLPC in a more effective way, plus
> providing more tools to EMEA and establish new bridges.
>
> * Through me, possible gather more Marketing contributors, that together
> with the trans_PT can provide more contents in PT.
>
> * We should be able also to redifine how to approach other FOSS entities
> in Portugal and make Fedora representation more visible.
>

> I would consider this to be something "doable". Some right out of the
> FAD, other things by processing information on the FAD. I expect to wiki
> a lot on that day.
>

>> > I'm going to call-in a press release, so there might be journalists
>> > present from national specialized and generic press to cover this event,
>> > including a TV team from SIC Radical (http://sicradical.sapo.pt/) which
>> > is very friendly towards this events and a channel directed to younger
>> > people.
>>
>> How are you planning on using this press time exactly?
>
> This is a very important thing. First we need to mobilize organizations
> like ANSOL, they love the press, the press loves them. Given the fact
> that we're going to work around pt_PT, this is a point of interest for
> everyone.
>
> Mobilizing the press. I have some personal contacts I can explore, on a
> local basis, I would give them as granted. This is something that
> happens in a city which leads world technology in some fields, specially
> telecommunications. So we have a link with the city and we do fit well
> there.
>
> At national press, I do have some contacts and can for sure get some
> people there, not sure if they we will have material to go over
> editorial battles. But there is the possibility of references. Being
> ANSOL involved and given the importance of pt_PT goals. There is
> material.
>
> Television - Sic Radical aims for younger generations, for national
> projects of all levels. Technology is something they like, and in the
> past they were present at events like LAN Parties, etc. Given that we
> are doing some heavy ice-breaking work here. I believe I can get their
> attention. Besides, making this event on IPAM and using it's name, will
> for sure pay off. I would recon that pt_PT will be attractive enough for
> them.
>
> For the press release itself, I will work on it with people from my
> school to get something more professional. In fact, within 1 hour or so,

Let me be a little more precise here:  What exactly will you be doing
while, for instance, people from a television crew are taping you?

How are you going to make this to be a Fedora Activity Day - where you
are getting things accomplished - vs. a Press Event where people are
coming to do interviews?  Or is your plan to just interact with these
entities to discuss future plans for publicity?