An animal mascot for Fedora?

Luke Slater tinmachin3 at
Tue May 18 22:58:35 UTC 2010

Hey everyone,

Should we have a think about Fedora maybe getting an animal mascot? We
have a great logo at the moment but I think people can relate more to
animals and it might give the project a more friendly feel? This kind
of thing has proven successful for a certain kernel as well as
distributions such as SuSE. Not to say we should just be copying the
other distributions ideas but I think they are onto something there.

We could have Sean the turtle. Why? Because I have a turtle named Sean
( and I think someone could make a
nice SVG logo out of a turtle; plus, they would make good cuddly toys
which is good for merchandise. There has been some support for the
idea already when I asked in the Fedora group on Identica earlier.

I just thought I would mention it, what do you think?

Thanks a lot,

Luke Slater