An animal mascot for Fedora?

María Leandro tatica at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 25 11:55:10 UTC 2010

Sure, they already are under a cc+by+nc on fedorapeople.

also Mo use them for some presentations and I did for Fedora Education.

Original files are in:

http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/
(those that say familia, which means family)

btw, the images are based on some friends from latam, so I'm sure they will
be really happy to see their cartoons in fedora :)

2010/5/25 threethirty <three at threethirty.us>

> On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 08:29 +1930, María Leandro wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > My suggestion... don't use animals. Some animals are holy in some
> > countries, some are hunted, some are near extintion... how will you
> > choose an animal without send a wrong message? is a complicated topic
> > and I don't think that "because is cute" must be the reason.
> >
> > Instead, I made some "kids" that we can use, this are re ally like the
> > "join fedora" icons and represent US, the people that work with
> > fedora, Mo also use this kids in some talks and I have been using them
> > in several artworks.
> >
> > Just an Idea, and maybe we do need something beyond our logo to send a
> > message... but we need to think really "what do we need"
> >
> > Here some examples:
> >
> > http://proyectofedora.org/wiki/Arte/Banners
> >
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/tatadbb/3723964218/in/set-72157606893687387/
> >
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/tatadbb/3723154711/in/set-72157613836974776/
> >
> > hope to help :)
> >

> María,
>
> Would you relicense those CC-BY, CC-BY-SA, or CC-0 so that others could
> use them even if they don't become an official part of out marketing
> arsenal?
>

> --
> Justin "threethirty" O'Brien
> Fedora Ambassador & Marketing Team Member
> threethirty at fedoraproject.org
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Threethirty
> threethirty on freenode.net
> @threethirty - twitter/identi.ca/jaiku
> Phone: +1 (765) 688-0723
>

> DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this email are my own, not those
> of my employer.  My opinions are also not necessarily the opinions of
> any organization with which I have a volunteer affiliation.

tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org
http://www.fedora-ve.org