Hello from México, and some ideas.

Jesús Franco tezcatl at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 14 10:57:50 UTC 2010

Hello, farsighted designers of our marketing strategy.

I have a really vague idea about Marketing, and i'll be lurking on the
list for some months until i get reality of how could i contribute
something specific at your mission. By the way, i want you know me and
some ideas i want to share.

My name is Jesús E. Franco Martínez and i'm a recent Fedora Ambassador
from México. I joined Fedora because i have a project, named "Educar
en Libertad" in which i'm spreading the word not about just software
freedom, but a real OpenSource education too much necessary for
breaking down the barriers of ignorance, poverty and hopeless.

I've found in Fedora the best FOSS project for contributing and
growing in knowledge to outreach more effectively my people.

I work as teacher at an k12 school in a suburb of Mexico City, and i'm
currently doing some translations on the wiki and a couple of
guides. Also, i'm co-working with people of edusol.info (at the UNAM,
our biggest university), writing the contents of an introductory
course to GNU/Linux for illiteracy on ICT folks.

I have another project too with Máirín Duffy and Tatica (maybe soon we
join some brazillian folks) to translate the Mizmo's lessons of
Inkscape and deliver it as an online or presencial workshops. I've not
finished the translations and maybe i won't be able to deliver it with
the edusol people, but anyway this could be a fine start for a project
in draft for a Fedora School on FLOSS tools for Fedora users and
collaborators.

I think it could be a great way to share with people as Edna Rheiner
and Damaris Trujillo from Guatemala who has made an awesome work with
girls of Junkabal: http://www.fedora.org.gt/

Finally, i want to share with you some ideas borrowed from my mentor
Tatica, about her idea for Fedora Social Network, mixed with my own
experience as user of a social network developed by RiseUp Networks,
Crabgrass:

Please take a look:

http://tzkmx.wordpress.com/2010/10/14/cool-and-useful-fedora-social-network-by-tatica/

I hope some of these ideas can be useful for the team, anyway i'm open
to any kind of feedback (seriosly, any kind) ;)

In solidarity, and in love of our core values:
Freedom, Friends, Features, First

Jesús E. Franco Martínez
Fedora Ambassador from México
http://identi.ca/tzk