Fedora Depot/Mart? (Re: Why is there no Fedora Project Store?)

Fabian A. Scherschel fab at sixgun.org
Sat Apr 2 16:16:02 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Harish Pillay <hpillay at redhat.com> wrote:

> You are missing the point.  it is NOT about *selling* anything per se.
> It is riding on an awareness that "this is how you add/remove apps"
> in a form that clicks with what has been done elsewhere.

So your idea is basically to mislabel our package manager because app stores
are currently "cool"? You are aware of the fact that Apple & Co. only love
this concept and push it because their stores include DRM and they make
shitloads of cash, not because it is inherently a better name or easier to
use or recognise, right?

Fab