[In the news] Intel Sandy Bridge On Fedora 15 Is Decent

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue May 31 03:36:32 UTC 2011

Hi

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora_15_snb&num=1

"Fedora 15 had worked fine "out of the box" on this notebook, complete
with the GNOME Shell and its Mutter compositing working without fault.
Fedora 15 is using Linux 2.6.38 and Mesa 7.11-devel, with various
back-ports by Red Hat's engineers. Our usual platter of OpenGL Linux
tests had also run fine on a stock Fedora 15 installation on this Sandy
Bridge hardware without lock-ups or other problems like we have on other
distributions"

Rahul