Muktware: Red Hat Clarifies Doubt Over UEFI Secure Boot Solution

Álvaro Castillo netsys at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 6 11:24:46 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Jan Wildeboer <jwildebo at redhat.com> wrote:
> Yes, this is not an ideal solution. And that is what Matt Garrett said from
> teh start. If we would not have a solution however, it would mean that
> Fedora cannot be installed *at all* on newer hardware.
>
> While we do not like the UEFI architecture, we have a responsibility towards
> our users (and the community at large, never forget that!) that in this case
> leads us to a pragmatic solution that works for the moment, giving us more
> time to work on a better solution.

Debian Project, FreeBSD team, OpenBSD team, NetBSD team, Linux Mint,
Mageia, Ubuntu... is not firm this, this is a solution at this moment,
and not making deals with mobsters, I think :D

I believe, that as Fedora is "test camp" of RHEL, so, (What's end
users use JBoss, Pyme solutions, VirtSandbox...et?). RedHat doesn't
want that RHEL 7 can be affected for this. (Is only a guess)

--
Álvaro Castillo

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Netsys
Linux user #547784