Muktware: Red Hat Clarifies Doubt Over UEFI Secure Boot Solution

Álvaro Castillo netsys at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 6 11:44:55 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/06/2012 10:56 AM, Álvaro Castillo wrote:
>>
>> So you are pay a Microsoft company for can be used your system?
>

> Actually If I'm not mistaken in the end Verisign is the company that's
> getting the extortion tax.

Yes, but, Microsoft wants that OEM vendors lock PCs, tablets and so on
with secure boot locked. if you not pay, you cannot install it.

> There is a lenghty thread about this on -devel which I've been wondering
>  how long it takes for people to realize that the only way to effectively
> preventing Secureboot from happening is to convince goverments to not sell
> that monopolized hardware ( convincing China and EU should suffice the
> states are probably a lost cause due to lobbyism that takes place there ).
>
> Until that has been done what Matthew mentioned on his blog post are really
> the only option available to us and yes it sucks.
>
> JBG

Maybe, pay or rewarding hacks team to decoding UEFI secure boot and
release patches or firmware, ways to flashes.

--
Álvaro Castillo

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Netsys
Linux user #547784