Muktware: Red Hat Clarifies Doubt Over UEFI Secure Boot Solution

Krzysztof Hajdamowicz uosiumen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 11:55:28 UTC 2012

W dniu 06.06.2012 13:44, Álvaro Castillo pisze:
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
> <johannbg at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 06/06/2012 10:56 AM, Álvaro Castillo wrote:
>>>
>>> So you are pay a Microsoft company for can be used your system?
>>

>> Actually If I'm not mistaken in the end Verisign is the company that's
>> getting the extortion tax.
>>

> Yes, but, Microsoft wants that OEM vendors lock PCs, tablets and so on
> with secure boot locked. if you not pay, you cannot install it.

So maybe OEM vendors should add *MECHANICAL* switch for secure boot?
"If You want to install non-signed software on this PC, You have to
switch JP4 into ON position"

Easiest solution for secure boot problem? Additionally, mechanical
switch needs physical access to PC, so no malware and virusware ;) can
change that setting during working in secure mode.

> Maybe, pay or rewarding hacks team to decoding UEFI secure boot and
> release patches or firmware, ways to flashes.

Like hacking bootloaders in Android phones? It is a workaround too.