"Red Hat Releases Fedora 18 Beta"

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 16:30:24 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 7:28 AM, Ruth Suehle <rsuehle at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 11/29/2012 07:50 AM, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> Note that it wasn't about a community member, the person joined the
>> mailing list only after the incident. When the announcement was sent she was
>> just an employee of our sponsor. She is new and inexperienced but being here
>> she will hopefully learn more.
>
> I'm pretty sure that's not true since I have a reply from her about a
> message to the list back in September. She's also been to quite a few of the
> IRC meetings in the last few months, which most of the people jumping on her
> can't say. So can we now drop this thread that pretty much entirely consists
> of attacks on an active member of the marketing team by people who are not?

By my count 3 or 4 of the 30+ posts in this thread could arguably
contain some content that could be characterized as an "attack"
although even those could more generously be characterized as
containing "tenor inhospitable to a newcomer." Assuming good
intentions should lead to the latter characterization. The vast
majority of this thread was not an attack on anyone but it is probably
pointless to continue trying to contribute anything more to it at this
point.

> I look forward to seeing you all at today's meeting to discuss actual work.
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2012-November/014678.html

Last time I visited the marketing meeting it was to suggest we do
something to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Fedora Community
which happens to be this month. I felt after that meeting like I feel
today. Dismissed.

John