Self-Introduction: Keshav Kumar

Bogomil "Bogo" Shopov (Fedora Project) bogomil at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 30 07:33:49 UTC 2012

On 30 November 2012 04:58, Keshav Kumar <keshav_kumar22 at yahoo.in> wrote:

> Hello everyone, my name is Keshav Kumar and I am currently living in
> Chennai,India  persuing B Tech degree at SRM chennai. My Fedora Account
> System(FAS)is keshavmishra and my IRC nickname is also keshavmishra.

Welcome Keshav,
We're happy to have you here. Why don't you start with a blog post in your
own blog to describe what do you feel about Fedora and why people should
use it?

//Bogo

> I have been  a user of Fedora OS for about an year and being an open
> source enthusiast i keep trying different distros and now i am stuck to
> this project of red hat fedora.While going through this fedora wiki on how
> we can contribute to fedora community , i got to know about this fedora
> marketing team.
> My work experience with Free/Libre Open Source Software is limited to
> using it and promoting it among friends and my college and community and
> debugging their problems(if any).If selected,this will be my first
> marketing project that I will be working on.
>
> Hi, my name is Keshav Mishra and I live in Chennai,India. My Fedora
> Account System (FAS) username is kesahvmishra, and my IRC nick is
> keshavmishra
>
> I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through the wikis on the fedora
> wibsite, and am interested in joining because neing a linux enthusiast, I
> like to convince my college mates and my local community to take advantage
> of free open source software..
>
> This is the first FOSS project I have worked on!
>
> This is the first Marketing project I have worked on!
>
> My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing, include:
>
> (Marketing Skills) - I consider myself as good orator and  I am kind of a
> guy who can convince people.
> (Other Skills) :
> *blogger: I am a blogger whose are of interest is seo(traffic
> optimisation),open source tutorials @ http://idevelogy.com
> * event management: I have been involved in arranging conferences in my
> department at my college related to quiz, gaming coding etc.
> I'd also like to learn how to promote open source at a large scale and use
> social sites to combine the power of F/L OSS enthusiasts .
> When I'm not working on Fedora, I am a student at srm college.
>
> A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project are  increasing the fedora
> volunteers among my community and motivate people to promote free software
> and encourage open source technologies. I would also like to see a area
> wise physical community happen in Fedora.
>
> I am wondering about how to start for working the marketing team..
>
> Please help me get started!

Bogomil "Bogo" Shopov
Open(Web) Thinker and doer.
http://talkweb.eu

++
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
-- Nelson Mandela