Improve Fedora Project

Arnav Kalra arnavkalra007 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 21:59:21 UTC 2012

>Thats 30 images. Producing 30 more would be a pretty large burden on QA
>and Release engineering. So, if we are going to make changes, we should
>make them on the base images IMHO.

Oh, this is a very difficult task. Ubuntu has an office and multilang
support inside one cd. How are they able to do it?
Would it be possible for us to add an image which contains only locales?
Then this image can be used with any other image. Or maybe we can make the
locales available for download on our website.

>For example, need show I guess that Fedora can brings is innovates. I
think that bit people known that Fedora run as compatibility environment on
BSD >systems such as FreeBSD, OpenBSD and PC-BSD. Or Fedora first provided
-PAE branch kernel, uses first PulseAudio, uses SELinux tool to have a
>good protection, Fedora and Sugar environment selectes by OLPC project..
And more. And more on lack spanish too..
I think this is done by the marketing group.

 Rosa control center<http://osworld.pl/wp-content/uploads/ROSA-LXDE-2012-LTS-Control-Center-Appearance-settings.jpg>looks
better and is integrated with the rest of the system. You can
configure samba/nfs shares, proxies and a lot of other things using one
application.

> 8. GNOME Shell on Fedora
>
> including gnome-tweak-tool has been suggested to the desktop folks
> several times, but they do not wish it to be included. You can try
> asking again on the desktop list. They feel the 'out of box' setup is
> right, and they don't want to encourage people to 'tweak' it.
>

>By error of some builders, all pay by they? (talking about of GNOME). If a
lot users wants include these tool, dont see for other way. Is not
community >value that defend Fedora. Gnome tweak tool should stay on
Desktop edition. I guess.
I cannot even change the sleep settings for my laptop without using gnome
tweak tools and these guys think that the out of box setup is right. In kde
i can configure all aspects of power management out of the box and in gnome
i am not able to do so. Why?