Pause google plus events for the time being?

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 23:41:16 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-09-18 at 10:18 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> I didn't complain, but it's pretty annoying to be woken up in the
> middle
> of the night for a Fedora Test Day calendar alarm (that I never
> accepted
> or set up) on my phone.

This seems to be another default setting. Here's how you can prevent
events you aren't attending from showing up in your calendar:

http://support.google.com/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=37073

The rationale appears to be:

http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/29/google-is-rolling-out-changes-to-crack-down-on-google-event-spam/
--