Fedora Magazine Mockup

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 09:47:00 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Hi folks,
>
> The design team has come up with an updated mockup for Fedora
> Magazine:
>
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/mockups/fedoramag/fedoramag-mockups-2.png
>
> Does this look along the lines of what you'll need? Anything missing,
> or
> anything extraneous here? Any general feedback / improvement ideas?
>
> Once we are set with the mockup we can implement it as a Wordpress
> theme.

It looks very nice, fits Fedora website design style very well, I'm ok
with that.

A few questions:
- there are arrows on both big FUDCon one and the sleeve article - what's
use case for both? Could be too-multilevel-confusing but it's just my
observation.
- are we going to have some editors, etc. - so who's going to have access
and how the post are going to approved, edited, you know (so it's more
process than design).
- are we planning also for example monthly PDF/ebook edition? it's magazine,
design style is magazine like and I like this kind of digests I can read
on Kindle like the real magazine. For ebook, it should not be problem to
format it automatically, web to PDF usually does not look very well, but
with a good template, it should be definitely possible. I'm not experienced
in this, but I can help :)

Joke: first copyright notice that makes sense!!!

Jaroslav