LinuxInsider: Fedora Project's Robyn Bergeron: The Linux Desktop Is Almost Ready for Its Close-Up

Anna Eusebio aeusebio at redhat.com
Wed Mar 13 20:21:27 UTC 2013

3/12/13
LinuxInsider

Fedora Project's Robyn Bergeron: The Linux Desktop Is Almost Ready for Its Close-Up
By: Jack Germain

Full article:: http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/77499.html

<clip>
"Open source in general, along with the enterprise market, continues to fare very well. If you asked me 10 years ago, I'd think it was an area that showed some interest. At this point it has become a business of some US$8 billion, and is a model that has proven itself. I don't see that slowing down any time soon."

<clip>
"There are a number of reasons why open source has gotten good enough and has proven itself as a business model. More and more IT managers are aware of the benefits of open source. It's been an outreach and then proving that it really does work."

<clip>
" In terms of the Fedora desktop, I think we offer quite a bit more choice to people. Think in terms of the number of desktop choices we offer. Consider that if somebody in the Fedora community wants to add to those choices, we are supportive of that interest. We will do that. We are not dictating from on high. We don't focus on "Thou shalt have" and "Thou shalt not have." We are definitely a distribution that is focused on freedom."