Do we have control of "Fedora Desktops" on Facebook?

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Mon Nov 11 12:19:23 UTC 2013

Ankur Sinha píše v Ne 10. 11. 2013 v 21:30 +1100:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed this Fedora Desktops[1] account on facebook today. Is it one
> of us that has the credentials to this? It doesn't look like the desktop
> SIG (now the workstation WG) has put it up.
>
> I think we'd prefer one central account that we can disperse information
> on rather than small ad-hoc accounts? I'm also wondering if there's any
> guideline on people starting accounts like "Fedora XXXX": do they have
> to take permission from the board or something, or can anyone just open
> up an account? I know websites need permission. What about social
> networks? They're using the Fedora trademark, aren't they?
>
> [1] https://www.facebook.com/fedora.desktops/about

The following accounts are considered official:
https://plus.google.com/b/112917221531140868607/
https://www.facebook.com/TheFedoraProject
https://twitter.com/fedora

I don't think there is any process to make an account on social networks
official. The accounts above are considered official because they are
maintained by people from the Fedora Project such as me, Ruth, Robyn,...

Jiri