Fedora Infrastructure Video Published

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 02:29:05 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-09-23 at 00:07 -0200, Marcel Ribeiro Dantas wrote:
> Just to be clear, I wouldn't really come here and complain if I could
> download such videos from Vimeo (as one would do in the past, for
> Youtube, for example). But the fact is that I can't watch nor download
> videos from Vimeo. The only possible way to watch it is through a
> proprietary version of Flash.

Originally, archive.org was agreed upon[1]. However, when Nitesh revived
the videos project, we picked on vimeo/youtube. The main reason here is
that archive.org isn't always quick enough as either youtube or vimeo.
We could upload to multiple locations though and let folks choose where
they want to see them.

Also, if the video is in ogg format, you should be able to view it on
youtube without flash via their html5 system. I'm not sure about vimeo's
html5 support.

[1]
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Video#Reasons_Archive.org_was_selected_as_our_first_choice
--