Marketing the workstation as suitable for both developers and normal end users

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 11 12:35:47 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 10:42:14AM +0000, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> I just saw this on the devel list. It seems that the intended target
> audience of the workstation has been assumed to be only developers
> completely excluding simple end users. What can we do to clarify this?

I've seen a little chatter over this, but I think the devel-list thread
blows it out of proportion. The general reaction -- including the press
-- doesn't seem to share this concern.

Actually, I'm a little concerned that we're not getting strong enough
messaging the other way. We really want to developers to feel like we
care about _them_. It's going to take a little while to establish that.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>