a fedora.next marketing question

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 14 13:02:50 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 05:55:24PM -0500, Ruth Suehle wrote:
> - I'm still concerned about the Red Hat point of view on using the word
>   "products" for Fedora things.

I haven't heard anything officially from anyone about this concern.

This word doesn't necessarily have to be used in marketing, and we can avoid
it if need be. However, I do think it's an important word that is hard to
replace, from an internal-to-Fedora messaging point of view. We are talking
about artifacts that we _produce_ intentionally. I don't think that there's
any real possibility of confusion that we are suddenly going to up and start
trying to sell these things, but it's nice to talk about a process that
_makes certain things_.

> - We are already understaffed, so to speak, as a marketing team. We may be
>   able to sort-of serve three things, but if we're going to be adding
>   anything that someone "can pull off," we just won't be equally serving
>   everyone.

So, for the "shows required resources" camp, that could simply mean that
those resources need to include more help for this team too.