For the Fedora Magazine: Suggested QA activities during the pre-F21 lull

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Thu Jan 23 16:44:52 UTC 2014

On 01/23/2014 07:10 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-01-22 at 08:43 -0600, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
>> A summary that points to the mailing list is probably the best way to
>> go. For stuff like this, I think we can safely emulate LWN's approach
>> -
>> quick summary, quote from the mail, and link to the mailing list.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> jzb
>
> Aye. I'll try to write up the summary sometime before the weekend.
>
> Do we have a proper procedure to submit articles for consideration to
> the magazine? Do we just send them here to the list, or do we file trac
> tickets? If we want the entire community to send stuff to the magazine,
> maybe the trac will be a good place? We could add a template and a
> component to make it easier?

Let's keep this simple. We have a howto for posting to WP here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Magazine/Howtopost

If you're going to be contributing regularly, ask on the list.

If you are sending a one-off or don't think you'll need to contribute
regularly, you can just send properly formatted HTML, Markdown, or plain
text to the list in an email with the subject:

Fedora Magazine Submission: [$subject]

Someone with proper credentials should have it up quickly. If it's not
up or at least acknowledged w/in 24 hours, feel free to ping the list.
(Maybe more on weekends...)

Sound reasonable? I can put this on the wiki if we're agreed.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst