Fedora marketing is dead

Marcel Ribeiro Dantas ribeirodantasdm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 21:36:48 UTC 2014

giankonstantinidis at gmail.com>:

> Hi Guiseppe,
> with all due respect, I think you're exaggerating a lot. There's no need
> to start "a war" against another project. There's no need to prove why
> Fedora is better than the x or y distro. We all promote the core values of
> free and open source software and it's always so nice to collaborate with
> other projects.

I was about to write a reply to his e-mail, but you've said everything I
had in mind in the message below, Giannis.

Apart from that, if the e-mail subject was a joke, it wasn't funny at all
:-/
When I say a project or team is dead, it is automatically implied that
either they're not working at all or their work quality is very low, and it
makes me sad, mostly because I know people like Chris, Ruth and so many
others who do a lot in the Marketing team and for Fedora. That's basically
my opinion.

The good thing about being an ambassador, which may be the reason for
Giannis and I having similar opinions, is that the main thing you learn is
that you're the face of Fedora. Fedora can't speak for itself, so you gotta
make it so that you give a good idea to the project, by speaking about it.
This way, it'd be a pretty childish project to speak lower of other options
in order to make mine look better. We don't need that :-) Fedora rulez.

Best regards,

--
Marcel Ribeiro Dantas,
Biomedical Engineering Researcher at LAIS

http://mribeirodantas.fedorapeople.org
mribeirodantas at fedoraproject.org
mribeirodantas at lais.huol.ufrn.br