Social Media Trends

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 13:42:37 UTC 2014

On 03/27/2014 07:36 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> [...]

A little about Facebook. I have admin on that page, so I see the "N
number of people saw this post" on each thing there when I go to the page.

- Robyn's recent blog post went up yesterday: FB says 1,881 people saw
the post. Shared? Once.
- Matt's post on Fedora.next was shared on 19 March: FB says 2,747
people saw the post. Shared? Twice.
- Intro to Copr shared on 11 March: FB says 2,086 people saw the post.
Shared? Once.

Now - guess how many people on the MARKETING TEAM (at least
participating in these discussions) shared these things from the FB
page? If you guessed "zero" you'd be right.

Simple fix here: Work the tool - we 1) make sure *compelling* content is
shared on FB, and 2) we re-share *from* the FB page (rather than
directly from the source).

I could go on - but instead, I suggest we make next week's meeting about
fixing our use of social media, and I'll prepare an agenda.

Any thoughts? Comments, flames, or objections?

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst