Social Media Trends

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 13:51:46 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> On 03/27/2014 07:36 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

I'm famous now! That was me!

> - Matt's post on Fedora.next was shared on 19 March: FB says 2,747
> people saw the post. Shared? Twice.
> - Intro to Copr shared on 11 March: FB says 2,086 people saw the post.
> Shared? Once.
>
> Now - guess how many people on the MARKETING TEAM (at least
> participating in these discussions) shared these things from the FB
> page? If you guessed "zero" you'd be right.

I'm trying to re-share as much stuff as possible when it shows on my
timeline. But you're right - social media are about interaction and if
we're unable to create buzz, it's probably going to be lost in the rest
happening there.

> Simple fix here: Work the tool - we 1) make sure *compelling* content is
> shared on FB, and 2) we re-share *from* the FB page (rather than
> directly from the source).

Maybe ping this list back with FB link? To have more attention...