Redoing the categories [was Re: anyone got any articles in the wings?]

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 14 01:03:57 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 05:01:33PM -0400, Chris Roberts wrote:
> +1 to this, I think For Users and For Contributors will make navigation a
> lot simpler.

I added the categories but didn't take anything away yet. I noticed,
experimentally, that it's easy to bulk add categories to posts, but there
doesn't seem to be a way to remove them. It's also hard to go through the
list of all posts and select one or the other. It'd be easier if they were
in an "unassigned" bucket. Therefore, I think the easiest way is going to
be:

1. Make sure the last 20 posts or so are in one of the new categories
   (the 5tFTW posts all area already in that category, btw)
2. Change the header
3. Delete all of the other categories, which will dump the uncategorized
   ones to the "uncategorized" category.
4. Go through "uncategorized" and assign the For Users ones
5. Go through "uncategorized" and assign the For Contributors ones

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>