F21 media

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Sep 4 18:47:30 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 11:20:21AM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > How many USB 8 gb sticks could we order with that money (the 1750?)? And
> > how instead of giving it away we went to a 'earn the fob by sharing or
> > helping someone else' system?
>
> At some non-Fedora-focussed conferences I've been at, people we clearly very
> excited about the USB stick because OOOH FREE USB STICK. I'm interested in
> your "earn by helping" idea -- how would that work? If we went to bigger,
> more expensive USB media, it *would* be nice to make sure people are not
> taking them just to reformat without caring about Fedora at all.

Maybe we can create machine like OpenSUSE studio - stand, you put *your*
flash drive to the machine, select what product you want to upload to you
flash drive, while uploading, show some nice presentation about Fedora
etc. And it can also burn media :).

It could be cheap now to create such device, just some manual work
would be required to create nice box.

Jaroslav