Fedora 23 Alpha Readiness

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 4 18:06:59 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 05:43:14PM +0100, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> Well, I don't know how many users pick screenshots from the wiki. We
> didn't have them for F22 and we received no complaints. Unfortunately,
> we have no metrics on this, so I'm just assuming that the screenshots
> aren't used too much. It's much easier for people to take screenshots
> on their own systems than to fetch them from our wiki page which isn't
> well advertised.

We also didn't get much press _at all_ on Fedora 22. I don't know if
this is related — screenshot-tour articles have historically been
common. I guess worth looking back at those to see if those are their
own screenshots (in which case we're really just competing with our own
press!) or if they used ours (resulting in more articles).

> The one issue I have with this is that the wiki isn't the most posh
> place to host a screenshot library if we're thinking of advertising it
> to users. Should we use the wiki as an image dump for ourselves and
> then put the best up on Flickr or something with CC licenses? (Flickr
> or another open source image platform)

Yeah I think a good rule is: we should *never* send end-users to the
wiki.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>