[Marketing] Getting in gear for 2016

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Thu Dec 17 19:48:05 UTC 2015

On 12/17/2015 02:39 PM, Justin W. Flory wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> It was discussed in channel that it might be a good idea to reboot
> regular Marketing meetings in 2016 to help get on track and ready for
> 2016. Gabri is helping bring back the retrospective to let us reflect
> back on what we've done and where we can improve - this might make a
> good discussion topic for jumping back in with a meeting.
>
>     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/2015_marketing_retrospective
>
> It was also mentioned that it might be good to include CommOps on the
> discussion to help connect Marketing to the other parts of the Project.
>
> What are all of your timetables looking like for the New Year and do we
> want to look at putting meetings back on the map? I've only been here
> for a few months and I've mostly been in the Magazine, so I know there
> are others who have been around for many more cycles than me that might
> have some experienced thoughts to offer.

I do think we need to put meetings back on the map, yes.

We stopped doing regular meetings because they'd sort of turned into a
"let's discuss what we should be doing" thing where the only thing that
was happening was meeting attendance.

But... 1) the last cycle we had a hard time even scraping up a good
release announcement, and 2) perhaps with a few new folks looking around
to contribute and with some renewed energy thanks to the Magazine, we
can regroup and improve.

Best,

jzb
--