Changes submission deadline and Fedora 22 scheduling changes

Chris Roberts chris.roberts at croberts.org
Thu Jan 8 14:39:06 UTC 2015

Going to post this to the magazine.

- Chris

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jaroslav Reznik" <jreznik at redhat.com>
To: devel-announce at lists.fedoraproject.org
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:01:14 AM
Subject: Changes submission deadline and Fedora 22 scheduling changes

Hi everyone!
Fedora 22 and especially Changes submission deadline [1] is coming pretty
soon - in less than two weeks on January 20th. With Alpha release in March.
Please, submit your System Wide Changes by this deadline, earlier better.

There's one significant change FESCo agreed at yesterday's meeting
regarding Fedora schedules. Fedora 22 will be strictly time based release
(of course except quality related slips) and the final schedule will not
be based on submitted Change proposals! We will strictly enforce Contingency
plan at Changes checkpoints. Please make sure to provide valid plan in
your Change proposal as otherwise it can be rejected by FESCo (and scope
within Fedora 22 schedule).

This means, we have approved FINAL schedule for Fedora 22! It will be
released on May 19th (in case of no slips occurring).

In case you'll need any help with your Change proposals, feel free to
contact me and I'll do everything to help you :).

Jaroslav

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/22/Schedule