RFC: Marketing collateral plan

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 15:33:30 UTC 2015

I think here is only one possible option that can fit to everywhere.
If we would like to have nice marketing, and easily share-able
information, we should write an app for android. One side we have to
provide digitally editable informations that we can easily spread it.
This solution staying mobile, and not needs any paper, printing and
more.

If we combine this with installer solution, I mean here - uploaded
image on the mobile SD - every ambassador can bring to any event an
install server in his/her pocket, or any files that is needed on
presentation, or at booth.

If we update this android app every time before release, and gets
enough support with as we did with talking points, and others - we cut
an gordian knot, I think.

Zoltanh721

> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 10:34:35AM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> >3. Level 3 - Advanced Fedora users:
>> >Fedora users that are developers, upstreams, system admins, and so on.
>> >They care about lower level changes - what's changed in systemd,
>> >yum/dnf and so on.
>> Why would you market Fedora to folks who are already users and who
>> are advanced users? What is the goal there? (Obviously not to get
>> them to try it?)
>
> I can think of several:
>
> * Convince them to move from advanced user to contributor
>
> * Help enable them to be ambassadors (either in our official sense or
>   more informally as advocates to other potential users)
>
> * Simply to reinforce / retain loyalty
>

>> Folks who are already users / advanced users aren't going to use a
>> flyer or any printed / PDF document as a primary source for
>> information. There are much better ways to reach these folks.
>
> Yeah, maybe paper isn't the best approach for this category.
>

> --
> Matthew Miller
> <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
> Fedora Project Leader