Web alternative to printed material [Was: Re: RFC: Marketing collateral plan]

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 08:12:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-07-28 at 17:33 +0200, Zoltan Hoppar wrote:
> I think here is only one possible option that can fit to everywhere.
> If we would like to have nice marketing, and easily share-able
> information, we should write an app for android. One side we have to
> provide digitally editable informations that we can easily spread it.
> This solution staying mobile, and not needs any paper, printing and
> more.
>
> If we combine this with installer solution, I mean here - uploaded
> image on the mobile SD - every ambassador can bring to any event an
> install server in his/her pocket, or any files that is needed on
> presentation, or at booth.
>
> If we update this android app every time before release, and gets
> enough support with as we did with talking points, and others - we
> cut
> an gordian knot, I think.

Hi Zoltahn,

The web alternative is a great idea as we've all noted in other e-mails
on the thread. However, instead of a specific app, do you think your
original idea of having something like Mozilla's press blog would be
better? It'd be easier to update, accessible to everyone - not just
android users, probably require less coding effort too?

--
Thanks,
Regards,