recycling "Fedora Insight" name?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 4 20:54:23 UTC 2015

So, thinking some about the content-for-contributors blog idea. I had
asked Ryan and Chris if they could go ahead with working on a Council
blog, but in the open floor meeting today there was some enthusiasm for
being broader than that.

I don't want to call such a blog "Fedora Contributor Blog" or similar,
though, because that's basically duplicating the Planet in a
centralized way — something I think we don't need.

So, I guess, multi-part question.

First, is it worth doing this _at all_, or should we wait for the
Fedora Hubs? The contributor-focused content could be presented in some
way (as feed items on the hub, say). In that case, the council blog
would be more focused to "okay, here's a place for Matthew and other
council members to put official stuff", and everything else (election
surveys, weekly graphs and charts of metrics, Fedora Objective RFCs,
etc.) could be on the Hub. But, I don't want to put so much
requirement-pressure on Hubs that it collapses before launch by being
asked to do too much.

Second, if people think it's worth going ahead with a
more-contributor-focused blog, what about reusing the Fedora Insight
name (and url, for that matter) from a few years ago? It's catchy, and
sounds somewhat insider-y (while not seeming closed-off).

What do you think?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>