recycling "Fedora Insight" name?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 5 11:45:11 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 05, 2015 at 10:53:23AM +1000, Ryan Lerch wrote:
> >more-contributor-focused blog, what about reusing the Fedora Insight
> >name (and url, for that matter) from a few years ago? It's catchy, and
> >sounds somewhat insider-y (while not seeming closed-off).
> >What do you think?
> In my head, this blog is more of Fedora Community News --  news
> items about the Fedora community, the scope of this would be like:

Sure, that can work too. Maybe "commnews.fedoraproject.org"? I guess I
was thinking some of the stuff I'd like to post isn't really _news_,
but more... pontificating. But maybe that's okay.

> * News about an upcoming election -- including interviews with the
> candidates

+1 for that.

> * News items from the Council, FESCo, and other commitees and
> working groups that pertain to the organization & running of the
> project -- direct output from say, the working group that impacts
> users, like new features in a flavour would probably want to be on
> the magazine too.

One important thing will be promoting _potential_ Fedora Objectives, so
those get high visibility and discussion.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>