final release announcement....

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Fri May 22 14:35:20 UTC 2015

On 05/22/2015 10:29 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> I don't see the point of using the magazine to just point to a
> less-pretty pure text version. What's the gain there? If someone wants
> to do a screenshot tour article, we could do that, and there's a
> difference at least.

Oh, sorry - duh. In my head this made sense.

I just meant *linking* to the announcement from your other piece. Yes,
if we're going to do a separate post highlighting the formal project
announcement then we should do that the way we've usually done.

> On the other hand, many tech journalism sites will respond to the
> release by publishing their own screenshot tours. Why not let them do
> that? (I'd certainly hate to _discourage_ it, at least not without
> convincing them to do other Fedora release coverage.)

I'm 50/50 on that. Certainly if the Fedora post seems to suck up all the
traffic, then other sites will be "discouraged."

In the past I've done a follow-up release post that points to news
coverage. I'll commit to doing that again this release. We should try to
focus some attention to other sites that cover us, definitely.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst