[commops] Community Blog Python 3 FAD Article

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Wed Nov 11 06:33:21 UTC 2015

On 11/11/2015 02:18 PM, Justin W. Flory wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Thanks to Matt's quick responses to the interview questions, I was able
> to write up a preliminary draft of an article for the Community Blog
> about the upcoming Fedora Activity Day for Python 3 package porting. It
> is set to occur over this weekend, so I would like to aim for it be
> pushed out Thursday morning, Friday at the latest.
>
>      https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/?p=91&preview=true
>
> I would appreciate if some other people wanted to give it a quick
> look-over or make a featured image since I think this is a pretty
> notable topic. Some of the content is missing (e.g. why Python 3 over
> Python 2?) and I am hoping to have that filled in over the next day or
> so. Otherwise, it's pretty content-complete.
>
> Thanks!

Looking good!

I did a little work to the opening paragraph to try to include a call to
action in the opening paragraph. Wanted to give the reader the call at
the top too just in case they don't read further. I left the call to
action you had at the bottom too -- doesnt hurt to have two :)

Also, added some start times (i guessed these, we will need to check
them) -- and found a plugin that also shows the time in the user's
timezone which seems pretty neat and useful :)

i'm not too worried about cover images on the Community blog, TBH, as we
have the whole posts in the stream rather than the cards like on the
magazine. But if you want a coverimage, i can whip one up.

Also, might need to mess with the blockquote style, as it seems the bg
color for them is the same as the post bodies, and it looks a little werid.

cheers,
ryanlerch