[commops] Community Blog Python 3 FAD Article

Justin W. Flory jflory7 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 20:42:29 UTC 2015

On 11/11/2015 01:33 AM, Ryan Lerch wrote:
> Looking good!
>
> I did a little work to the opening paragraph to try to include a call to
> action in the opening paragraph. Wanted to give the reader the call at
> the top too just in case they don't read further. I left the call to
> action you had at the bottom too -- doesnt hurt to have two :)
>
> Also, added some start times (i guessed these, we will need to check
> them) -- and found a plugin that also shows the time in the user's
> timezone which seems pretty neat and useful :)
>
> i'm not too worried about cover images on the Community blog, TBH, as we
> have the whole posts in the stream rather than the cards like on the
> magazine. But if you want a coverimage, i can whip one up.
>
> Also, might need to mess with the blockquote style, as it seems the bg
> color for them is the same as the post bodies, and it looks a little werid.
>
> cheers,
> ryanlerch

Thanks for the edits, definitely looking more polished now! That time
localization plugin is neat - that will be a nice addition for
CommBlog-specific things to help coordinate times for things like this.
Matt should be able to confirm the times for us - he's still working on
logging into the CommBlog.

For reference, the current times advertised in the post are:
- START: 2015 Nov 14, 13:00 UTC
- END: 2015 Nov 15, 1:00 UTC

That's what I was thinking in the big picture as well, featured images
shouldn't be a blocker for CommBlog posts. I suppose this one will be
fine since we have the badge image embedded in the post, so it does have
an image in there.

Planning on getting that last section worked in the next few hours for
sure so we can be on track for a publish time of 7:00 UTC Thursday.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory
jflory7 at gmail.com